Getting Started in E Learning: K-12
To Connect Your Chromebook to Wi-Fi:
- Click the network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Select your network status from the menu that appears.
- Make sure Wi-Fi usage is enabled, which will allow your Chromebook to detect nearby networks. In the menu that appears, click . If you see , that means Wi-Fi is already enabled.
- Detected networks automatically show up in the menu. To connect to a network, simply select its name.
To Log Into Your Google Account:
NOTICE: the only account you can log into is the one issued by the district.
- Enter your Google Account username intothe Username field.
- Enter your Google Account password intothe Password field.
- Click Login. The option to select a profile picture appears.
- Select your profile picture. ...
- Click OK.
How does a student log into their SCHOOL GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
Use these directions if you want your child to be able to access all of the programs your child has access to during the school day. These directions are for families who may be trying to use Lexia, Dreambox, Flocabulary, RazKids, Mystery Science or other programs as well as Google Classroom.
- Make sure your child is using their school issued Google email address and password (see example below). All students K-6th grade have their own school google account for these apps.
- After getting into their school Google account they should be able to log into any of those programs by signing in on the program's tab which says "log in using Google Account" tab found on most of the bottoms of those home pages. If using a device they have already had access to at school, they will very likely have the app icons in their Clever account or even on the homepage of Google if using a Chromebook,
- You can have them log into Clever using their Google email address and password. Clever has all of these apps on their homepage for our school.
- If still having issues, make sure your Google is up to date. You will know if you need an update because in the upper right hand corner of the browser there are usually three dots. If you don't see the dots but rather an arrow that means you need an update to Google. Just click the arrow and follow the directions. Super easy steps!!
Just a friendly reminder that a school Google email address should be thought of as a username as students are not able to email anyone outside of the District using their school Google email address. Their password is #ri and their lunch number. Their password is #rilunchnumber ex: #ri123456 Please reach out to your child's teacher if you need their login information.
If we only need to access Google Classroom:
If you use Chrome as your Internet Browser:
- Make sure your child is in their School Google Account. You will know this because if you put your cursor (hover) over the letter or picture their account information will show up and you will want to make sure their email address ends in rimschool.org. If it doesn’t have the rimschools.org they are in a different account and won’t be able to access their Google Classroom account.
2 Once in Google Classroom follow the directions given by the teacher for which class they are to join
and / or get assignments from.
If you use a different internet browser such as Safari or Internet Explorer:
- In the URL or Omnibox type in classroom.google.com and push enter.
- If accessing for the first time, click on Google Classroom from the search results.
- Once in Google Classroom, type in your student’s username, which is their school email address - (email address will end in rimschools.org). Their password is #ritheirlunchnumber ex: #ri123456 If you do not know your child’s username and they don’t know their lunch code number, please contact your child’s teacher so they may look up the information for you.
Google Classroom Instructions (languages) >>