Online Resources to Help Your Child(ren) with Online Learning
RIMSD Specific: These videos were made during the spring 2020 COVID Remote Learning time so a few small changes may occur, based on the situation (i.e. grades, when to turn in assignments, etc.) The overall details of these videos will be helpful in any situation.
- How to Join a Teacher’s Class and Turn in Work
- Viewing Scores & Returned work.webm
- How to Join a Google Classroom.webm
General Videos That Are Not RIMSD Specific Yet Very Helpful:
- How to keep my child focused and motivated with Remote Learning? How Do I Help My Child with Online Work?
- Time Management:
Other Remote Learning Resources for Parents:
Other Important Topics for Parents
- Race and Equity: How to speak to your child about race and equity. Below are some resources you might choose to use to have discussions with your child.
- Anti-Racism for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide to Fighting Hate
- Talking to Your Kids About Racism
- How Do I Talk To My Kids About Race and Racism
- Teaching Young Children About Bias, Diversity, and Social Justice
- A Parents’ Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice
- Talking to Your Kids About Race and Racism in the Wake of George Floyd
- Talking to Kids About Racism, Violence, and Protests
- More to come…
- LGBTQ+: Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, the State of IL has made it a requirement to teach students about LGBTQ+. Below are some resources you might choose to use to have discussions with your child.
Community Resources (to add what is on www.rimsd41.org https://www.rimsd41.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1694629&type=d&pREC_ID=1855392
- United Way: A free resource that helps people find local resources for food, finances, housing, employment, VA services, mental illness, and many others
- Rock Island Housing Programs: Check out housing options in the Rock Island community
- Food Pantries in Rock Island: Find food pantries available in Rock Island
- Community Resources At A Glance: This document provides assistance in many areas (housing, mental illness, finances, food, clothing, etc.)