The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is part of the U.S. government response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The purpose of the program is to provide food assistance to families with students who are attending school from home and would have received free or reduced meals at school.
Eligible families don’t need to apply for the cards. Beginning on March 8, families will receive a card in the mail to the address they have on file through their child’s school. The card can be used at most major grocery stores to purchase food. One card will be issued for each child, so families with more than one child will receive multiple cards.
$6.82 per day per student will be put on the cards. Additional funds will be loaded on each card monthly.
Any questions regarding the P-EBT program please call Nutrition Services at 309-793-5900 x 10212.
For more information and FAQ's please visit the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Meal Kit Distribution
Rock Island-Milan School District is starting a new schedule for pre-ordered meal kit distribution during Blended Learning.
Beginning on Feb. 7, 2021, pre-ordered meal kits will be available for pick-up only on Mondays from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at all school locations except for Thurgood Marshall and Horace Mann and from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. at Rock Island High School. Each meal kit will have a supply of breakfast and lunch items. Families interested in pre-ordering will need to contact (309) 581-2147 to schedule locations, quantities, and start time for their pick up. Students in the Blended Learning plan will be able to pick up breakfast when they arrive at their building and then grab lunch to go before they leave for the day.
Meal kits are available for any child 12-months-old - 18-years-old, regardless of if they attend school in RIMSD #41.
The meal kits will be available for drive-through pickup from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Mondays at the following locations:
- Denkmann Elementary, 4101 22nd Avenue, Rock Island
- Earl Hanson Elementary, 4000 9th Street, Rock Island
- Eugene Field Elementary, 2900 31st Avenue, Rock Island
- Edison Jr. High, 4141 9th Street, Rock Island
- Rock Island Academy, 930 14th Street, Rock Island
- Frances Willard Elementary, 2503 9th Street, Rock Island
- Longfellow Liberal Arts, 4195 7th Avenue, Rock Island
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary, 1307 W 4th Street, MILAN
- Rock Island High School, 1400 25th Avenue, Rock Island
- Rock Island Center for Math & Science, 2101 16th Avenue, Rock Island
- Ridgewood Elementary, 9607 14th Street West, Rock Island
- Washington Jr. High, 3300 18th Avenue, Rock Island