Rock Island-Milan School District is starting a new schedule for meal kit distribution during Full Remote Learning.
Meal kits will resume Monday / Thursday pick-ups each week from 8 - 10 a.m. at all school locations except for Thurgood Marshall and Horace Mann. There will also be an afternoon distribution from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. at Washington Junior High School. Each meal kit will have a 3 day supply of breakfast and lunch items.
There will be a meal kit distribution on Monday, November 23. There will not be a meal kit distribution on Thursday, November 26 due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The next meal distribution will be on Monday, November 30.
Meal kits are available for any child under 18 who lives in the Rock Island-Milan School District boundary area, regardless of if they attend school in RIMSD #41.
The meal kits will be available for drive-through pickup from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Mondays & Thursdays at the following locations:
- Denkmann Elementary, 4101 22nd Avenue, Rock Island
- Earl Hanson Elementary, 4000 9th Street, Rock Island
- Eugene Field Elementary, 2900 31st Avenue, Rock Island
- Edison Jr. High, 4141 9th Street, Rock Island
- Rock Island Academy, 930 14th Street, Rock Island
- Frances Willard Elementary, 2503 9th Street, Rock Island
- Longfellow Liberal Arts, 4195 7th Avenue, Rock Island
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary, 1307 W 4th Street, MILAN
- Rock Island High School, 1400 25th Avenue, Rock Island
- Rock Island Center for Math & Science, 2101 16th Avenue, Rock Island
- Ridgewood Elementary, 9607 14th Street West, Rock Island
- Washington Jr. High, 3300 18th Avenue, Rock Island