Internet Access Resources
ROCKfi (Reaching Our Community's Kids with fidelity), is a network for RIMSD #41 students to connect to the Internet through their school district-issued Chromebook, or personal device. ROCKfi is accessible at every school building (including the former Intermediate Academy/Lincoln School) AND at several locations throughout the school district's boundary area - see the list on the right!
:: NEW :: Through an exclusive partnership with Mediacom, the ROCKfi signal is being broadcasted through several Mediacom XSTREAM spots! Location map below. There are over 70 hotspots available - click on a map point for an address / location.
ROCKfi is available Monday through Sunday from 6 a.m. - midnight.
ROCKfi does not replace home internet and is FOR RIMSD #41 STUDENTS ONLY. It supports students to access instructional materials and live lessons through their district provided accounts. ROCKfi does not provide for any other home internet needs.
How to connect to ROCKfi >>
HOW TO CONNECT TO ROCKfi
Students use their Google credentials to authenticate to the ROCKfi network. On their first connection, they will need to modify the below settings in red, as the image displays, to authenticate into the network:
As you can see from the above user name, the @rimschools.org is not required. Once this has been completed, the device should successfully connect to the ROCKfi network.
How to connect to ROCKfi (languages) >>
Other Internet Connection Options >>
Visit Mediacom's Connect to Compete (C2C) site, or call 1-855-904-2225, to learn more and see if you can qualify for their current internet program. FLYER (PDF) >>
In addition, Mediacom is providing complimentary access to all Mediacom Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots for an additional length of time.
AT & T
- AT&T is expanding Access to AT&T our low-cost home internet offering to qualifying households AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. PARENTS NEED TO CONTACT THEIR CHILDS SCHOOL for a free & reduced letter. Connect to Access from AT&T >>
Look for the following community hotspots for FREE Internet access:
- RiFi (City of RI)
- ROCKfi (RIMSD)
- XSTREAM (Mediacom)
- Rock Island Public Library - Downtown, Southwest and MOBILE
Organizations that are hosting a ROCKfi connection:
- Small Hands Big Hearts Daycare (Rock Island)
- Heather Ridge Apartments (SW Rock Island) IN PROCESS
- Lakeview Estates (Milan)
- High Cliff Mobile Home Park (Milan)
- Rainy Dayz Cafe (Milan)
- Maple Ridge Apartments (Rock Island)
- Finn's Grill (Milan)
- Church of Peace United Church (Rock Island)
- Trinity United Methodist Church (Milan)
- City Limits Grill (Rock Island)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center (Rock Island)
- YWCA of the Quad Cities (Rock Island)