Internet Access Resources
The Rock Island-Milan School District set up several Internet Homework Hotspots at every school building (including the former Intermediate Academy/Lincoln School) AND throughout the school district’s boundary area to help students connect to the Internet during Remote Learning. The network, ROCKfi (Reaching Our Community's Kids with fidelity), will allow RIMSD #41 students to connect through their school district-issued Chromebook, or personal device. Students use their Google credentials to authenticate to the ROCKfi network. On their first connection, they will need to modify the below settings in red, as the image displays, to authenticate into the network:
As you can see from the above user name, the @rimschools.org is not required. Once this has been completed, the device should successfully connect to the ROCKfi network.
Visit Mediacom's Connect to Compete (C2C) site, or call 1-855-904-2225, to learn more and see if you can qualify for their current internet program.
In addition, Mediacom is providing complimentary access to all Mediacom Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots for an additional length of time.
AT & T
- AT&T is expanding Access to AT&T our low-cost home internet offering to qualifying households AT&T will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. PARENTS NEED TO CONTACT THEIR CHILDS SCHOOL for a free & reduced letter. Connect to Access from AT&T >>
Look for the following community hotspots for FREE Internet access:
Organizations that are hosting a ROCKfi connection:
- Small Hands Big Hearts Daycare (Rock Island)
- Heather Ridge Apartments (SW Rock Island) IN PROCESS
- Lakeview Estates (Milan)
- High Cliff Mobile Home Park (Milan)
- Rainy Dayz Cafe (Milan)
- Maple Ridge Apartments (Rock Island)
- Finn's Grill (Milan)
- Church of Peace United Church (Rock Island)
- Trinity United Methodist Church (Milan)
- City Limits Grill (Rock Island)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center (Rock Island)