2021-2022 School Year
The Rock Island-Milan School District #41 will be fully open for the 2021-2022 school year on the first day of school, Monday, August 2, five days per week for the full school day. Fall sports and extracurricular activities will take place in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) health and safety mandates.
- student is ineligible for a vaccine or not vaccinated;
- AND student is under district required quarantine.
- Earl Hanson Elementary: Chromebook/charger return on May 24 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. Students can hold onto the case at home as they can reuse it next year.
- Eugene Field Elementary: Students to return Chromebooks/chargers on May 24.
- Frances Willard Elementary: In-person students return chromebooks/chargers on Monday, May 24 and Remote students must return devices Tuesday, May 25 from 1:00-3:00 and Wednesday, May 26 between 7:45-10:00.
- Longfellow Liberal Arts: Chromebook/charger collection May 25, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Rock Island Academy: In-Person students are to bring Chromebook/charger and leave them here in the building the entire last week of school (May 24 - 28). All others (Remote Learners) need to have Chromebook turned in by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 26th.
- Rock Island Center for Math & Science: Remote students to Chromebook on Monday, May 24 from 2:30-5:30 p.m.
- Edison Jr. HIgh: Chromebook collection begins May 25.
Blended Learning Start and End Student Times (in-person):
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) AM program: 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.; PM program: 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Preschool for All (PFA) AM program: 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.; PM program: 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Head Start (HS):
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. for full day session
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for part-day session (or 8:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. depending on busing)
Elementary Grades K-6: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Jr. High Grades 7-8: 8:15 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
Thurgood Marshall Learning Center: 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
High School: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Prior FAQ documents >>