The Rock Island-Milan School District #41 (RIMSD#41) is a PreK-12 public school district that encompasses the City of Rock Island and Village of Milan. There are 9 elementary schools, 2 junior high schools, 1 high school, and 1 alternative high school. The district also has a comprehensive Pre-K and Head Start program through the Horace Mann Early Learning Center.
The Rock Island-Milan School District #41 is dedicated to educating for individual student success through quality educational programs and curriculum. RIMSD #41 proudly serves a diverse student population with multiple learning opportunities that are designed to empower, enrich and help them excel in the future.
In the Rock Island-Milan School District, you will find
- The Leader In Me and L.E.A.D. programs
- Dual Credit and Advanced Placement courses at Rock Island High School
- Award winning High School Marching Band
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
On behalf of the Rock Island-Milan School District #41, we need your help in making a commitment to significant shifts that will bring the Rock Island and Milan communities to be safe, inclusive, and welcoming environments for all who live, work, and visit the areas.
As a school district, we see directly how certain behavior can negatively impact education and future success. As a school district serving Rock Island and parts of Milan, we have been working to come up with additional ways to support students and families, including enhancing school and community partnerships, identifying additional social emotional, and academic support for our students, revising or re-communicating expectations of behavior, positively praising those doing the right things, and many others.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! School begins August 3rd and we want to start off on a positive note that will provide clarity and consistency of expectations for a successful 2023-2024 school year.
The schools cannot do this alone. We NEED YOUR HELP! Please help us by committing to partner as a member of Rock Island and/or Milan (and surrounding) communities to reinforce and celebrate expected behaviors for all who live, work, and visit our areas.
- Some KEY reminders and updates to school procedures are found below:
- Code of Conduct
- Cell Phones: must be turned off and out of sight; use of a cell phone during the day must be only from an administrator or staff permission
- Backpacks: must all be put in lockers, closets, cubbies – depending on the age of the student. Students with specific needs will be provided a clear backpack to carry with them (504s, medical, etc.).
Student picture IDs are required for events at Rock Island High School.
How can you help? We are glad you asked. Some ideas are listed in the documents attached below. Please reach out with any questions or ideas.
We hope you join us in making this commitment! #ThisHouseRocks
From all of us at Rock Island - Milan School District #41
- 2000 7th Ave, Rock Island, IL 61201
- (309) 793-5900
- Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
*The third Wednesday of every month the Admin Center will close to the public at 3:30 pm for staff meeting.