News & Updates
March 26 Inservice Agenda
Rock Island High School
- 7:15-8:15 Breakfast provided in the cafeteria
- 8:15 Transition to the RIHS auditorium
- 8:30-9:50 District-Wide Program -- celebrations, retirements, recognitions, & speakers (Dr. Oberhaus and Christine Gradert, Robert Young Center)
- 9:50 Transition to 10:00 locations (ask building principal or supervisor for details)
- 10:00-11:30 Various locations for PLC work Please make sure to sign in to the PLC you attend.
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch on your own
- 12:30 - 3:30 Building PD -- your principal will provide you these details
Illinois State Board of Education is staggering licensure renewal for 2018.
The 2018 renewal year is much larger than usual because it is the first year that educators who were issued a substitute teaching license (SUB) or educator license with stipulations endorsed for paraprofessional (ELS-PARA) in the 2013 certificate-to-licensure exchange will be able to renew these licenses. THEREFORE, the Illinois State Board of Education is staggering the periods for renewal >>
403(b) Deferral Limit Changes for 2018
The maximum deferral limit for employees who participate in the 403(b) plan is increasing in tax year 2018.
The elective deferral maximum will now be $18,500, up from the previous $18,000. Employees 50 or older (or who attain age 50 during the 2018 calendar year) who wish to contribute to a catch-up contribution may also defer an additional $6,000. This limit did not change. The 403(b) deferral is calculated on a calendar year contribution (January-December).
If you wish to change your current 403(b) contribution, please contact Dawn Wolf at 309-793-5900 x203, or firstname.lastname@example.org
RIMSD #41 has an EAP (employee assistance program) available 365 days a year!
School District employees can attend five free counseling sessions by calling 1-309-779-2273. Sessions are private and confidential.