Is your school or class taking a field trip? Our department is affected! Whether you need to order lunches or are providing meals yourselves, please fill out a Cafeteria Field Trip Request Form available above, at least TWO WEEKS (not including breaks) before your scheduled trip.
This notice allows us to prepare and send the correct meals or reduce our hot lunch production accordingly. Completed forms should be sent via mailbag to Nutrition, Field Trip @ Admin.
To ensure all students attending field trips have access to no cost meals, and that each meal is submitted to the state for reimbursement, below are five simple steps to follow:
1. Submit a Cafeteria Field Trip Request Form, available above, a minimum of TWO WEEKS prior to the field trip date. Please complete all blanks!
2. Distribute one meal per student before, during, or after the field trip.
Extra meals or parts of extra meals may not be distributed to students who have already received a meal. They must be returned to the kitchen - see step 4.
3. Using your class list(s), clearly mark those students who receive a meal and write the total number of meals given to students on the top of the list.
4. Return extra meals to the kitchen staff upon your return to school OR if staff is gone, place meals in a KITCHEN refrigerator with a note showing the TIME and DATE meals were returned.
5. Send your marked class list(s) within two days to Nutrition, Field Trips, @ Admin, and THAT’S IT!
Each sack lunch contains ONE component from EACH of five food groups: Fruit Grain Milk Vegetable Protein
School meals meeting these requirements are provided at no cost to district students. Should you need meals for chaperones or siblings, you may purchase meals at the cost of $5.00 each, to be paid when submitting the field trip request form.
You’ve heard “there’s no such thing as a free lunch?” IT’S TRUE! CEP does not mean FREE meals! They are simply no cost to enrolled students.
If you have any questions, please call the Nutrition office at 309-581-2141.We appreciate the chance to serve your students!
Contact your cooking kitchen's manager with questions about food or delivery options.
Fallon, Central Kitchen Manager (all elementary, Preschool, TMLC)
(309) 793-5900 x 10283, (309) 429-2079
Rachel, WJHS/EJHS Kitchen Manager:
(309) 793-5900 x 15132
Donna, RIHS Kitchen Manager:
(309) 793-5950 x 51012