Is your school or class taking a field trip? Our department is affected! Whether you need to order lunches or are providing meals yourselves, please fill out the Cafeteria Field Trip Request Form. Then we can prepare and send the correct meals or reduce our hot lunch production accordingly. Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to [email protected] or sent via mailbag to Nutrition Services at Rocky.
To ensure all students attending field trips have access to no cost meals and that each meal is submitted to the state for reimbursement, below are five simple steps to follow:
- Submit a Cafeteria Field Trip Request Form a minimum of two weeks prior to the field trip date. Please complete all blanks!
- Distribute one meal per student before, during, or after the field trip.
Extra meals or parts of extra meals may not be distributed to students who have already received a meal.
- Using your class list(s), clearly mark those students who receive a meal and write the total number of meals given to students on the top of the list.
- Return extra meals to the kitchen staff upon your return to school OR if staff is gone, place meals in a KITCHEN refrigerator with a note showing the TIME and DATE meals were returned.
- Send your marked class list(s) within two days to Nutrition Services at Rocky or scan and email the list(s) to [email protected], and THAT’S IT!
Each sack lunch contains ONE component from EACH of five food groups:
Fruit Grain Milk Vegetable Protein
School meals meeting these requirements are provided at no cost to district students. Should you need meals for chaperones or siblings, you may purchase meals at the cost of $4.00 each, to be paid when submitting the field trip request form.
You’ve heard “there’s no such thing as a free lunch?” IT’S TRUE!
CEP does not mean FREE meals! They are simply no cost to enrolled students.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the Nutrition office at 309-581-2141. We appreciate the chance to serve your students!
Fallon Rodriguez: 793-5900 x 10283
(serves Edison, Washington, Denkmann, Eugene Field, Longfellow, HMELC)
Donna Bradley: 793-5950 x 51012
(serves Rocky, Earl Hanson, Frances Willard, Ridgewood, Thomas Jefferson)