COVID 19 / Coronavirus
- Students who chose the 4 day in-person learning will attend school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday; students who chose 2 day in-person will use the A/B schedule.
- Wednesday is a Full Remote day for all students.
- The building schedules/times remain the same as in 3rd quarter. No lunches will be served; breakfast will be in the classroom.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks, social distance and practice good hygiene.
- If there is a positive COVID case at a school building, staff and families will receive a notification via Remind. A notice will also be posted on the website. Those who were in close contact to the positive COVID case will be contact traced.
Preliminary Survey and 4th Q Commitment Form February 25 >>
- Full Remote
- Blended Learning Current Schedule: Keep student on A/B schedule with 2 days in-person;
- Blended Learning Increased Schedule: Student has the option of 4 days in-person if the school building has classroom space to safely accommodate the student.
Dr. Lawrence Letter to Families February 25 >>
Preliminary Survey February 10 >>
Resume Blended Learning on January 19, 2021 >>
Announcement Dec. 14 Third Quarter Commitment Form >>
Announcement Nov 13 - Return to Remote Learning >>
Blended Learning Plan Oct. 19 >>
Letter to Families Oct. 1 2020 >>
Update September 16 >>
Update August 18 >>
Update July 16 >>
Update June 23 >>
Update June 1 >>
- Prohibit more than 10 individuals from gathering in one space;
- Require social distancing policies; and,
- Require use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Letter to Families April 17 >>
The Rock Island-Milan School District is planning to continue meal kit distribution twice a week and will continue with remote e-learning plans. Chromebook devices were deployed to students last week and teachers have been using Google Classrooms for academic activities since April 14.
March 31 Letter to Families >>
State of Illinois Governor Pritzker announced that the stay-at-home order is extended through April 30, 2020. The Rock Island-Milan School District is planning to continue meal kit distribution twice a week, as well as remote e-learning resources on web site. Administration is also currently working on a plan to distribute devices to students so that our e-learning resources are accessible. Please watch for an announcement next week with more information.
March 31 Letter to Families (languages) >>
March 27 Update >>
MARCH 27, 2020
The Rock Island-Milan School District is planning to distribute 3-day meal kids again on Monday, March 30 and Thursday, April 2 from 9 - 11 a.m. at the seven locations listed below. A robo-call reminder will be sent to families the evening prior to meal distribution day.
MARCH 20, 2020
Governor J.B. Pritzker announced a “Stay-at-Home” order for the entire state, effective on March 21 at 5:00 p.m. through Tuesday, April 7. Therefore, all RIMSD #41 school buildings are closed and all events and activities are suspended until further notice. For any school district needs, please call the Administration Center Monday - Friday, 309-793-5900.
RIMSD #41 will still provide meals to families with children under the age of 18 and will have two meal kit distributions next week on Monday, March 30 and Thursday, April 2. Families will receive a robo-call reminders the evening prior to the distribution.
The Rock Island-Milan School District will continue to do whatever is necessary to take precautions to slow the spread of COVID 19.
We understand that some of our students may need to have access to medication that remains in our school buildings. In an effort to ensure that you can meet the medical needs of your child, we have scheduled the following days and times for you to pick up medication at your child's school on March 23, 24, and 25th from 9 to noon. Parent should come directly to the main office.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 itself, please contact Illinois Department of Public Health’s Center for Acute Disease Epidemiology (CADE) at (800) 362-2736.
BUILDING ACCESS IS LIMITED. We will exercise social distancing practices to the best of our ability to keep the community safe. Parents and community members can call their school or the Administration Center 309-793-5900 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Letter to Families March 20 >>